Old Port of Montréal
PURPOSE OF ROLE -
The Development Manager provides project management functions related to the Montreal Quebec office properties in generating optimum value from the real estate holdings and acquisitions; manages, monitors, and reports on all planning, engineering, construction and servicing aspects and related activities for the Quebec project sites with particular emphasis on project schedules and the timely implementation of municipal approvals and servicing programs. Maintains and creates value through efficient financial budgeting and expense control, risk management and all other operational aspects of assigned income producing properties and properties held for development or sale located in Quebec.
REPORTING STRUCTURE -
Senior Director, Real Estate
- Manages and coordinates all elements of the redevelopment projects and provides development services to the Senior Director to assist in delivering real estate projects within the constraints of schedules, budget and scope, including:
- Developing project plans;
- Monitoring and managing project schedules and budgets;
- Organizing project team meetings and preparing meeting updates;
- Maintaining and producing project documentation;
- Ensuring that all pertinent documentation is appropriately classified; and
- Managing the work of external multidisciplinary team (appraisers, architects, planners, engineers, contractors, developers, builders, etc.) in the achievement of project objectives.
- Participates in the preparation, review and implementation of divisional and regional short and long-term planning activities (budgets, strategic and business plans, Board submissions and policy formulation).
- Develops and manages consultant scopes as well as the procurement/ selection processes for contractors.
- Interacts with a wide range of audiences (e.g., city official, government, public, other corporations) to achieve project objectives.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of annual corporate plans and schedules.
- Manages the contract tendering process, including payments to contractors/service providers.
- Assists in expediting engineering and development approvals.
- Provides updates on project timing and costs relative to budgets on a continual basis to management.
- Prepares estimates for project costs in advance of tendering and awarding of contracts.
- Acts as a liaison for on-site home builders.
- Reviews and recommends approval of payments to contractors and consultants.
- Represents CLC’s interests on site by conducting site tours, explaining site characteristics and features to consultants, prospective tenants, government officials, as well as, community contacts.
- Manages environmental remediation within brownfield areas.
- Manages demolitions of existing buildings, retrofit, and replacement of existing utilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or diploma in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Project management, Real estate and/or significant related experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of previous project management experience required, including scheduling, budgeting and cost control in commercial and residential real estate
- Demonstrated experience on multi-disciplinary land/re-development teams.
- Sound knowledge of municipal government organization and structure.
- Knowledge of municipal zoning, subdivision and site plan approval and registration processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory approval and site servicing requirements- direct experience in Montreal Quebec a definite asset.
- Knowledge of planning, urban design, property management and marketing considerations.
- Knowledge of environmental issues, requirements and remedies.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, an asset.
- Bilingualism is required.
- Occasional travel required to off-site locations (up to 15% of time)
To express your interest in being considered for this position, please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 2, 2019 at 4:00pm EST. We thank all applicants for participating in the selection process. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Lands Company CLC Limited is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canada Lands Company is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please inform us as soon as possible and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.