November 23, 2012 – CBRE Limited has been retained on an exclusive basis by Canada Lands Company to arrange the disposition of land located at 800 Montreal Road in the City of Ottawa. This offering represents an excellent development opportunity situated along Montreal Road in Ottawa East. View an information package here.
April 19, 2012 – Valecraft Homes, owners of the southern portion of the site known as Block D, has notified CLC that it has prepared a comprehensive landscaping plan that will enhance and improve the southern boundary, following the removal of existing vegetation, about which CLC was not aware. It is CLC’s understanding that Valecraft will deliver a copy of their plan to affected homeowners in the next few days. For more information, please contact Valecraft Homes at 613-837-1104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 7, 2012 – The final two development blocks at 800 Montreal Road are actively being marketed. Block A (2.4 acres) and Block B (1.5 acres) allow for condominium apartments and seniors residential opportunities respectively. For more information contact: Krista Durie, Project Coordinator @ (613) 998-7970.
To view an aerial map of both sold and available lots, click here
July 25, 2011 – CLC has completed the sale of three of the site’s development blocks. The contract for the construction of the internal road and services has been awarded and work is expected commence around the beginning of August. Building activities on the sold blocks are not anticipated to commence until late this year or early next year.
April 21,2011 - The project has received City Council’s approval with respect to the zoning amendments as well as the Committee of Adjustment’s approval of severances. CLC’s marketing of the development blocks is continuing and the construction of the internal road and services is scheduled for the summer of 2011.
January 18, 2011 - CLC is pleased to announce that four independent parcels of land located at its 800 Montreal Road property in Ottawa are available for purchase. DTZ Barnicke Limited is working with CLC in a real estate advisor and broker capacity.
800 Montreal Road is located at the corner of Den Haag Drive, and consists of a 10.4 acre site located just east of Ottawa’s urban mid–eastern axis of Montreal Road and Aviation Parkway, immediately adjacent to Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation’s headquarters and across the street from the Montfort Hospital.
In mid-January 2011, the City of Ottawa’s Planning Committee approved CLC’s plan for 800 Montreal Road. The plan will go the full City Council in late January.
Canada Lands Company (CLC) is in the process of planning the redevelopment of 800 Montreal Road. This 10-acre (4-hectare) property is located at the south-east corner of Montreal Road and Den Haag Drive and was acquired from Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) by CLC in 2007. The elements of the administration building and forecourt (located nearest to Montreal Road) have been "recognized" by the Federal Heritage Building Review Office. In keeping with its mandate, CLC's intention is to create a redevelopment plan that will complement the surrounding community.
Constructed in the 1950s by PWGSC, the building served as the eastern base for the federal government's Forest Products Laboratory, which conducted research into numerous aspects of Canada's forest industry. Changing government priorities led to the closure of the government's forest research program in 1978, and the building was later leased to Forintek, a private, non-profit corporation designed to promote forestry research. Forintek ceased operation at the site in 1994.
CLC recently consulted with community stakeholders and area residents in preparing potential redevelopment concepts for the property. Demolition of the non-heritage portion of the existing building was completed in the fall of 2008.
In 1927, the timber testing, wood preservation, timber physics and timber pathology laboratories were transferred from Montréal to larger facilities in Ottawa. Only the pulp and paper laboratory remained in Montréal and is known today as PAPRICAN.